3.25.2015

Transform the Mundane | Tips for a happier week



-Put your head phones in while grocery shopping & listen to something up beat, don't be afraid to bust a dance move or mouth the lyrics to your favorite song.
-Exercise & don't make excuses! Take your pup for a walk, it's good for both of you. Find out what days the closest yoga studio offers community classes at a cheaper price & ask your friends to go too! 
-Make a meal you're proud of. Plan ahead to roast a whole chicken using fresh herbs. (Don't forget to include your greens!)
-Light candles… all the time. 
-Go to the library & pick up a book that you don't have to commit to. Find something you've always been curious about & learn something new. 
-Rent a movie.
-Bake something & give it away.
-Listen to music you don't normally listen to; try 60s French Pop or symphonic! 
-Buy yourself flowers at the grocery store. 
-Have friends over for a late drink on a whim.

And always take pictures of the mundane, find ways to make your routine more beautiful, I promise it will make life more enjoyable. Pretend the flowers bloom for you.

With love, 
Sarah



11 comments:

  1. Love this, thank you for the wonderful yet simple tips! I might just have to buy myself flowers soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "pretend the flowers bloom for you" awesome line. i truly squealed when i saw you posted; love your words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm lovin' this list! I love lighted candles. As soon as the sun goes down those babies are lit! Another thing I love to do is have classical music playing during the day, my favorite is having the cello or piano playing lightly in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't know if i have enough bravery to dance while grocery shopping. but i guess that's worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are one of those people who inspire others so easily.
    Dancing while grocery shopping is something I haven't done yet, makes me wonder what kind of music you listen to. What are your favourite bands?
    Have a nice weekend!
    Greetings from Belgium

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun list! Some of them are my favorites, too. This post has inspired me, Sarah. http://ladydetrisch.blogspot.de/2015/04/a-happier-week.html

    I hope you have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. but making excuses for exercise is so much easier! ;)

    Gorgeous list Sarah. Thanks for the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sarah! I'm a big fan of your blog and your pictures and I've been wondering, where do you edit them? Please continue the great work you're doing in this little piece of heaven, you are beautiful! Big support from Portugal :)

    ReplyDelete